Johnnie ST George

Forum rules
Please respect the nature of this forum by not posting obscene, abusive content and please no advertising. Users found doing this will be removed
markfle
Site Admin

Johnnie ST George

Post by markfle »

Why not tell us what you think of Johnnie and his Singing now
Charsie

Re: Johnnie ST George

Post by Charsie »

Knew Zaraeda ( Ozzie ) and Johnnie from an early age ( around 10 years of age ). Initially, my parents would take me and my sisters to The Little Theatre in Bangor, N. Ireland during the Summer seasons .. usually lasting around 20 weeks, the production content changed completely TWICE WEEKLY !! A truly wonderful variety show with Zaraeda headlining..assisted by Johnnie St. George... Johnnie also featured in his own vocal spot in every performance.
As a child I was mesmerized by Zaraeda's onstage presence..not to mention his consistent accuracy.. something I would personally experience for myself later..as a teenager !!
Johnnie was ( still is ! ) a wonderful vocalist and had a very likable infectious personality..not to mention the looks of a Greek God.. !! ... and as Zaraeda's assistant he showed great skill in performing a totally different task.
So many LOVELY memories of those years.. little did I know then that I ( and my twin sister ) would come to work with them both in my teenage years ( as professional singers ) .. they became treasured friends who not only gave us professional opportunities, but who were instrumental in guiding us through some difficult personal issues... I came to think of them both as " family " and such friends and very special human beings. Losing Ozzie so early was a dreadful blow for all who knew and loved him .. Johnnie officiated as my late hubbie's Best Man at our wedding, and I am still in contact with him .one than 40 years later.. still enjoying his singing.. he still has such an amazing voice !!
I have so many treasured memories of Zaraeda and Johnnie going back to the 60's .. and every single time I hear " Clair De Lune " or " Legend " ( both featured in Zaraeda's performance ) and I am instantly transported to those special times and experiences.. God Bless you Oz and John.. you touched my life and made it better in so many ways. Love you always.. Charmaine... xx
johnniestgeorge

Re: Johnnie ST George

Post by johnniestgeorge »

Charmaine you and your sister Rosita. your mum Minnie and dad Tom? were always welcome to our backstage get togethers You and Rosita made that great tribute recording . "Here's to you SIR FRANCIS , I think I still have a copy , I must try to find it.